It's Dusty In Here...

I'm actually going to attempt to use this blog again, though I make no promises. My job, exciting as it may be, is also difficult and exhausting. It really depends on my energy level at any given blogging opportunity. I've got tons o' cool stuff going on, though, and I could use the brain dump...so let the dumping commence!

First: GarageBand

I've been having WAY too much fun with GarageBand for my iPad. I've used it to create music for some Amazon videos (for work), and as I get more and more familiar with it, I am simply blown away. I spent a fortune on equipment that can't do all the things this little five-dollar app can do. After working with it so much for my job, I wanted to try a couple of things for myself, and the results are embedded in the players on the right. It seems stupid, but GarageBand gave me the push I needed to get off my butt and start recording music again (albeit in a much different way than before). Hooray!


Second: Jobby-Job

My last post was so long ago (before my first day at my current job), I can't even begin to catch up on everything that's happened since. Game development/design/manufacturing, package design, video editing, music composition, huge conventions, and so much more. Needless to say, I'm incredibly happy with my job now (such a bizarre feeling). It's not always fun, but it's by far the most interesting and engaging work I've ever done. I've always taken pride in doing good work, but I haven't always valued my job. I value this one immensely, and I'd like to say I've found my real career path, though that's never a certainty. It's also the reason I abandoned this blog for so long—I skid in the front door every night, completely spent (and not particularly eager to look at another computer screen). It's tough and time-consuming work, but rewarding beyond measure.

I will have a new video to post as soon as it goes live, but for now, my most current video is for Nanuk, one of our card games. This is the first to use my music, too, which was recorded in its entirety using only the GarageBand app (but the silly "DOOM!" whisper at the end was not my idea, I swear). Check it out:

 


Third: (REDACTED)

The biggest news, which I don't think I can share here yet, is that yet another massive, life-altering change is afoot, and it's going to be spectacular. All I can say now is that Julia and I really appreciate all you folks who have offered advice, help, hugs, and anything else. I cannot wait to see where this adventure leads us.



We shall see if this ol' can revive...but if not, I hope you understand. I'm a busy dude.

~S

1 comment:

  1. 1. That's a really great video for Nanuk. The music is really great (the "Doom" whisper is dorky).

    2. I like Changeup.

    3. I'm really happy to see how much you've grown at SJG and how much it's become a career for you.

    4. Though redacted news is redacted (I think I know what you're talking about) I'm still going to say, "Whooooo!" and say that I'm totes excited.

    ReplyDelete